9.25.2009

LAUNCHED!

finally! a blog to call my own..
so this begins the commitment to myself, or as i have been referring to it inside my head, "lessons in accountability and follow-through".
this blog is going to serve as my public sketchbook, where i am making the commitment of...making an object a day. this will most likely take form in drawings and pieces i'll be/am working on for my craft business- painted shoes, accessories, etc. and probably some sewing projects as well.
if you read my bio area [cause that's like the first thing everyone does when they read over a new blog, right?..], i want some input on the projects i post. and not just blanket "oh, awesome!" comments- that's what facebook is for... i want some critical feedback. because i miss the feelings of anxiety and insecurity that fuele
d me to bust my ass in making paintings during art school.

ok, so i'm just going to start this machine up, and pretend that no one's actually reading this, so i'm not so self conscious about the whole thing. and i swear to god my writing on this contraption will become a little more graceful in time...maybe.
__________________________________________________________________

so, for today, i'm going to count these here shoes i've been working on AND the title image for the blog as my daily items. i think that's fair. the shoes need to be finished- another coat of the bright pink outline- i made shift it more towards a red, haven't decided yet. and then add a thin second outline of silver. oh, and if you like them, they're a size 7 1/2 . email me and we'll talk...

also, while i was trying to w
rite this, i got distracted by Michael Eudy's website: http://www.michaeleudy.com.
he's a painter and was a grad student while I was an undergrad at Tyler. and damn! i like his paintings. his statement is also pretty great. you'll actually enjoy reading this one. not the usual esoteric, pretentious crap most artists write [you know it's true..]

1 comment:

  1. NO! I wrote a long glowing comment and I lost it somehow with that select a profile. Here's the shortened version. CONGRATS on following thru, I have trouble with that too so am particularly impresssed. I'll look everyday for what you did that day. Suggestion - just do a simple oneliner on facebook like "Finished day 3 project-handbag this time" and link to your blog. It will help the traffic. Cherry

    ReplyDelete